WEATHER IN LAS TERRENAS
Most probably during your stay you will visit this page few times a day so we recommend to add it to your Favorites immediately. Checking the forecast is one of the daily routines of every kitesurfer. On the Weather in Las Terrenas website you will find a meteo station broadcasting LIVE from the spot as well as the Windguru forecast with tides. Make sure to read the information below on how to understand the forecast in Las Terrenas.
Wind in Las Terrenas comes mostly as a thermal effect that is not presented in the forecast!
METEO STATION: LIVE DATA
HOW TO READ THE FORECAST
The wind in Las Terrenas is powered significantly by thermal effect that is not taken into account by weather models. So don’t worry about the fact that there’s not wind in the forecast. What is much more important and you have to check is wind direction and cloud cover.
HOW TO READ THE FORECAST
1) Focus on 11AM-6PM (sunset) time range. The thermal wind starts between 11 a 13. After it intensifies and begin to lose power in the last hour before sunset.
2) Check the wind direction. The wind we all want blows from the east (eventually NE). If you see this direction in the forecast you can start warming up.
3) A very important factor – overcast. If the cloud cover is below 50% and the conditions from point 1) and 2) are met you will enjoy kiting in this paradise.
4) Wind strength. From our experience you can add from 6 up to 10 knots to what you see in the forecast. I.e. if the forecast shows 7-8 knots most probably there will be 14-15. If forecasted is 11-12 then in reality you can expect the around 20 knots.
INFO FOR STRICTLY UNHOOKED
– the flattest water is around the low tide. In the tide table: PINK BOTTOM.
STATS FROM THE METEO STATION
Since May 2021, high on the palm tree in El Portillo sits meteo station. We collect data from it on an ongoing basis. If you want to see what to expect in specific months just visit our WIND STATS IN LAS TERRENAS page. For encouragement we’ll tell you that the numbers are crushing! Be sure to check them out. These are hard facts – not propaganda.
(by the way, pay attention to whether kite schools on other spots worldwide present such data … and if not it is worth considering why )
WATER SPORTS RETREATS
Are you dreaming to experience something new? Yoga, surfing, kitesurfing, latino dances and more. Join our retreats.
Are you dreaming about flying? There's no better place to learn kitesurfing than here!
EXCURSIONS LAS TERRENAS
Are you dreaming to see big whales? Samana is considered to be the most beautful part of DR. Join one of the best tours in Las Terrenas.
Our mission is to deliver best quality services only. Check why we receive 5 stars only in Google.